We went to view the townhouse this morning and surprise surprise we BOTH liked it. It was larger than we expected which I think is why we left there with a warm gooey feeling. Once we got home we started to tear the place up. So with bullet points-
- kitchen needs a little work. The fridge/freezer is one of those integrated jobbers. Translation for los americanos they’re split into two units and hidden behind undercounter cabinet doors. I’m not a big fan of those AND we bought a stainless fridge not so long ago. The sink has seen better days and well is just looks a little tired.
- dining room or lack of. We could squeeze a table in the living room but it’s not ideal.
- 3rd bedroom is really really small- 6×8 small. I don’t know how people get away with calling them bedrooms. If you can’t fit a bed and a dresser in there IT’S NOT A BEDROOM.
- It’s off a very busy road.
- It offers more room than we currently have. It’s technically a 4 bedroom so right there it’s bigger. We plan on using the third bedroom as a den/playroom and the teeny bedroom as an office.
- It has TWO bathrooms- yippee!!
- It’s gated!! So no mofo ba$tards blocking my driveway AND less chances of someone kicking in my door in an attempt to steal our car.
- South facing garden that DOES NOT back up to a very busy (read loud) pub.
- We know the area well as it’s a 5 minute walk from our current house.
So the only real drawback is the lack of a dining room or even an eat in kitchen. Can I live with a small dining room table squashed into a corner in the living room?? HELL YES! So tomorrow I’m meeting with a mortgage person to see about a let to buy mortgage. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.
I’ll leave you with my favorite photo from Sunday