1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Went skiing and I enjoyed it
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did make resolutions and didn’t stick to any of them!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Does the US count? France and Portugal.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Confidence and a bangin’ body.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
skiing and liking it!
9. What was your biggest failure?
not losing 25lbs
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George W Bush.
14. Where did most of your money go?
What money? I’m a SAHM!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nothing got me really really really excited but I am happy that I now know what I want to be when I grow up.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
That’s not my name by the Ting Ting’s
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter
c) richer or poorer? About the same- broke. I did mention that I’m a sahm.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Walked more and taken more risks.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I spent too much time on this blasted computer.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Spent it at home with my pod.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, I’m repeatedly falling in love w/ the Garner’s.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI Las Vegas, NCIS and Numbers.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. I do dislike someone that I didn’t dislike last year.
24. What was the best book you read?
Do children’s books count?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That would involve actually listening to music.
26. What did you want and get?
A new camera
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
By default Mama Mia- it’s the only movie I’ve seen in 2008.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing, Wal was out of town. 38
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing. I have enjoyed being a sahm and watching, molding and enjoying my daughter grow, learn, speak and control her bowel movements!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I wear jeans and a black top every.single.day so I’ll say FRUMP. I hope to change that this year and take more risks.
32. What kept you sane?
Photography. Oh and Wal, Squidge, my friends and this blog.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I’m a loyal gal so I’ll have to say Brad Pitt.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
too many to list. Let me just say Ding Dong the dunce is almost gone!
35. Who did you miss?
ALL of my family and friends in the US
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Joy and Julia- I hope to see more of them this year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
If I push myself and work through my fear I can do anything.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.