Hello I’m back. At least I think I’m back. I’m in the middle of a crisis of confidence and I’m not really sure what to blog about. So I’m just going to bullet point some of our activities recently. I’m hoping this will kick start me a bit.
- Ballet this morning. I didn’t know it was the last day of term and that they were having a little recital. I didn’t have my camera with me. I didn’t even have my phone on me. NO PICTURES!!! Can you believe it??!!? That’s what happens when you’re away from real life for 2 weeks. Squidge was adorable!
- I worry about Squidge. She’s the type of kid that hugs. She’s constantly going up to other children and giving them hugs. Sometimes this is appreciated. A lot of times it is not. It breaks my heart.
- I went to NYC. I had a blast. FAO Schwartz was fab!
- Remember when I sprained my pinky a few months ago? Well I now have a numb pinky and semi-numb ring finger. Should I be concerned? It’s a PITA when I type but doesn’t really bother me any other time.
- Squidge designed a Barbie doll while at FAO. I’m not happy about this turn of events but didn’t do anything to stop it. I think this was the moment I realized this kid is going to be spoiled rotten. I didn’t want to ruin her FAO Schwartz experience by denying her anything. Reality check mama- the kid doesn’t have any expectations of the place!
- I need a job. I think I am slowly going insane because I don’t have a purpose in life. Ooh I know being a mother is a great and noble purpose but I don’t think it is enough for me. I gives me too much time to stew and think about things. To make mole hills into mountains.
- Wal is off to South Africa and I miss him. He’s been a grumpy pain in the ass but he’s our grumpy pain in the ass and we miss him when he’s gone. He’ll be away until the 16th.
- We’re not getting our tree until the week after he comes back. I hope there are good trees left by that time. I fear we might end up with a charlie brown tree.
- I enjoyed visiting my family and my friends but next time I will do it during the summer. Brrrrr!
- Sitting around waiting while Squidge is in ballet class sucks! I appears all the mums/dads know each other because their kids all go to the same nursery. It makes it difficult to chat to anyone. It is even more difficult when they are passing out party invitations. I don’t expect them to give Squidge/me one but it still kind of sucks.
- I started back at BMF on Friday after being away for 2 weeks and it was tough. I mean really tough. I could barely keep up. I got dizzy during the warm down. I was soaked and muddy and it just sucked. I’ll be back on Tuesday. Why? Because I’m a masochist.
What have you all been up to?