Whenever I’m planning a trip there are two things I do, make sure I tidy up the house, there’s nothing I hate more than coming home from a trip to a messy house! The other thing I do before I leave is make sure we eat anything that might spoil. Luckily there wasn’t much we needed to eat except for the fruit in the fruit bowl. I had cherries, blueberries, blackberries and nectarines that looked like they weren’t going to see out the night never mind a couple of days. Because I’m completely addicted to my peach cobbler recipe I thought I’d just chuck everything into the cobbler batter and see what happened.
- 100 grams cherries
- 100 grams blueberries
- 100 grams blackberries
- 1 nectarine peeled and sliced (weighed at around 122 grams)
- 125 grams butter, melted
- 150 grams all purpose (plain) flour
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 250 mls milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Pour melted butter into 20×20 baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and milk to combine, then pour the batter over the melted butter. (do not stir!)
- Place the fruit on top of the batter and bake about 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- the larger your dish is the quicker it will bake. If you're looking for a thicker cobbler and you use a smaller baking dish please add at least 10 minutes to the baking time.
Because I had so much fruit I decided to split the recipe into two pans, one for the cherries and nectarines and the other for the blackberries and blueberries. I didn’t need to increase any ingredients, the end result was just a more fruit filled cobbler and it was soo moorishly delicious!
Do you have things you do before you travel?