I love Pinterest, it’s such a fantastic place to find inspiration. With 4th of July falling on a Saturday and a northern bloggers get together planned I thought about baking something with an American twist, I finally settled on peach cobbler.
Most of the recipes I looked at followed the exact same recipe and it was super simple to make. I also liked that the recipe is egg free so perfect for those with an egg allergy.
Peach Cobbler Ingredients
- 1 tin sliced peaches, drained and patted dry
- 125 grams butter, melted
- 150 grams all purpose (plain) flour
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 250 mls milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Pour melted butter into 20×20 baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and milk to combine, then pour the batter over the melted butter. (do not stir!)
- Place the peaches on top of the batter and bake about 25 minutes, until golden brown.
This has to be one of the easiest bakes I’ve ever made. It can all be made in one bowl and there’s no need for an electric mixer. You can also substitute the peaches with cherries or any other summer fruit.
Serve piping hot w/ a scoop of vanilla ice cream- you won’t be sorry!