I’m a big fan of chutney- spicy chilli chutney and cheese. When I saw that Foodies100 had teamed up with The English Provender Company, the makers of my favourite chutney, for another competition I knew what I was going to do- cheese and chutney puff pastry parcels.
This recipe is super easy and is just about the most perfect starter, not to mention moorish. It’s really simple to make with only 3 ingredients. I did a bit of trial and error to get the parcel shape that wouldn’t explode open. I started out making ‘ravioli’ and ended up w/ little parcels as they had a less chance of exploding in the oven.
We served the cheese & chutney parcels with a bit more chutney, a big glass of merlot finished it off!
- 1 Roll Puff Pastry
- Cheddar cheese (cut into squares)
- Hot Chilli and red pepper chutney
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat over to 150ºc
- Cut puff pastry into 1 inch squares, put cheese on the puff pastry square and add a dollop of chutney. Gather ends of pastry together to make a parcel brush with the egg wash.
- Place in preheated over and bake until parcels are golden brown.
- If the cheese starts to bubble out lower the oven temperature
“This post is an entry into the #JarAmnesty Challenge with The English Provender Co and Foodies100”